Location: Boston, MA
Tracksmith is a brand for committed runners. We offer well-considered and original products for training, racing and recovery. In everything we do, we aim to celebrate, support and add to running’s distinct culture. We are hiring an Apparel/Accessories Developer to help drive the product development process from initial concept stage through to commercialization. This position will report to the Vice President, Product Sourcing and Development.
• Partner with the design/development team to create and maintain proper Bill of Materials for a range of apparel and accessory products.
• Understanding of garment construction, aligning design direction to ensure the final product meets Tracksmith’s quality standards, while also hitting all brand margin targets.
• Responsible for on time delivery of product range based on R&D seasonal calendars.
• Work with fabric mills / factories on selecting materials that functionally meet brand vision, offering innovation where necessary.
• Proactively working with suppliers to align priorities and timing.
• Ability to address construction issues and solve as they arise.
• Participate in all product meetings and fittings to ensure details/workmanship are correct, materials used fall within required costing structures.
• Responsible for creating seasonal purchase orders and updates based on inventory decisions.
• Work cross functionally across design, development, inventory, and marketing.
• 3-5 years experience in apparel product development, preferably in the athletic industry.
• Strong knowledge of garment construction, costing, and various manufacturing processes.
• Ability to understand and source performance materials / trims.
• Understanding of body blocks, sizing, grade rules.
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects/seasons at the same time.
• Strong written/verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Due to internet hiring scam attempts, we encourage applicants for open positions listed at Tracksmith to apply through the following site: tracksmith.com/pages/team. All communication with the hiring team at Tracksmith will come directly from a @tracksmith.com email address. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.